Job Description: Taproom Server
Compensation: Hourly plus tips
This position is part-time afternoons/evenings with weekends required. General expectation is for estimated 10-20 hours per week plus occasional offsite festivals or other beer events. The right fit for this position is a craft beer lover who is friendly, self-motivated, able to work independently, dependable and fun. Specific shifts and hours are awarded based on work performance and availability.
- Part-time with weekends required and ability to help pick up shifts as needed.
- Represent Counterbalance Brewing Company and its beers to our customers with knowledge, humor, positive energy, professionalism, and a sense of ownership
- Pour beers, interact with customers and co-workers in a positive manner, take responsibility for the cleanliness and appearance of the Counterbalance taproom
- Maintain a safe and happy atmosphere for all guests and co-workers
- Continue to explore and learn about craft beer, palate development and brewing operations
- Work 10-20 bar hours per week depending on taproom needs, cover occasional shifts as needed, and possibly represent the brewery at offsite events
- Provide excellent customer service, maintain a clean, safe, enjoyable taproom atmosphere, and assist company owners in training other employees to do the same
- Assist owners with local community outreach and marketing efforts as needed
Requirements for hire:
- Minimum one year of retail service experience
- Minimum 21 years old
- Access to reliable transportation to and from work
- Washington Food Handler Permit
- MAST 12 Server permit
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to safely lift up to 60 lbs and move up to 160lbs with assistance
Counterbalance Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer.